May 9, 2014

~REVIEW~ Real by Katy Evans

Real (Real, #1)
Synopsis
 
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?


~MY REVIEW~

The Plot

Brooke meets Remington at a boxing match. They kiss fall in lust and so Remington hire Brooke as his physical therapist. As the two spend time together the sexual attraction between the two magnifies until they both give in. AS soon as feelings start to arise between the two Brooke has to learn to deal with Remington’s condition, Bipolar Disorder. As she tries to help Remy she also deals with family matters that put her in difficult predicaments.

The Characters

So I only liked Brooke at times. She had to give up her dreams because of an injury but was strong enough to overcome her depression. That made me like her initially. Then when she meets Remy my feelings for her just go down the gutter. All she does is obsess about wanting him and how beautiful and manly he is on every damn page. There were few moments I actually liked her and those were when she was helping Remy when he went “Black”. Because there were only a handful of those I can’t say I liked or connected with her character much.

Now Remy I kind of liked a bit more because of his past and what he was dealing with. I liked the parts where he actually talks and where he shares his feelings with Brooke through music. The times he played songs for her were sweet and adorable. He was an enigma that I wanted to know more about. If the two didn’t spend the whole time wanting to and doing each other I would have liked having more of his story and of him opening up to Brooke and those that loved him. Sadly I won’t suffer through another book even to get the answers I want. 

The Romance

Umm, the romance…I don’t know what to say about it because to me there were few moments of it. The times Remington played music for Brooke, the times he defended her and she took care of him were the only times I saw any semblance of romance. Other than that it was about how they wanted to do each other.

The Wrap-Up

Okay so if this story weren’t’ filled with sex or foreplay on every page I would have liked it much more. I just couldn’t get through the “omg he so lickable” “Omg he is so gorgeous” “omg he’s making me wet”. I just couldn’t take it. It took me two tries to finish this book and by the end I was just happy I got through it. Remy’s background story was what made me continue this book. When it wasn’t all about doing each other the book had promise. Sadly it was ALWAYS about licking, how hot they were for each other and doing each other. So yeah I’m not going to recommend this book but if you want to give it a try I would say it doesn’t hurt. Many friends of mine have loved the book

No comments:

Post a Comment