Jan 27, 2012

Lover Awakened (BDB #3) by J. R. Ward

Book Description:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there’s a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Of these, Zsadist is the most terrifying member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.


A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion—until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society.

Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadist’s thirst for vengeance against Bella’s tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her…

Christina's BookReview


“I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened.”

“She is more beautiful than I have words for. And last night, I was blessed beyond measure to serve her”

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book! My favorite book thus far. Z has been my favorite brother since the beginning. I couldn't wait for Z's story and it was PERFECT!! His story was so heart-wrenching and to be able to see him "Awaken" is just wonderful!

Bella was an Awesome mate for him and I"m glad she did not put up with his tortured soul crap. I loved that she wasn't a weak character, which none of the girls have been yet.I also liked that she didn't let her brother get in the way of her life. Her push to get Zsadist to finally open up is so wonderful that you just want these two to have their HEA. One that they both deserve.

I loved that all the brothers were in this story and even their shellans.

And John, I soooo know who he is!! Knew it from the get go!

But WOW,Tohr...Gosh, my heart is still hurting.

post signature

Dark Lover (BDB #1) Review HERE
Lover Eternal (BDB #2) Review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment