Jan 16, 2012

Lover Eternal (BDB #2) by J. R. Ward

Book Description:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.


Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...


Christina's BookReview

“All I know is, she's a pounding in my chest that I can't ignore. . . hell, that I don't WANT to ignore."

I cannot believe I never wrote my review for this book!

The second installment of the BDB series sucked me right in. After this book I was lost to the BDB world. Happily lost that is. Just like Dark Lover, I could not put this book down. I read it in one day and automatically jumped into the rest of the books.

Book two is about Rhage, or Hollywood as we know him best. :-) I was looking forward to reading about Rhage because he was portrayed as such a ladies man so I wanted to see who would catch his attention. And Mary caught his attention alright, one look at her and she already held his heart in her hand.

I loved Mary's characters and was rotting for their relationship to work out even though she was human and Rhage wasn't. The complications and struggle with their relationship was so heartbreaking but also so sweet and beautiful.

I have to say that I was really intrigued with Rhage's "beast". He has struggle for a long time with it and it was heartbreaking when he turned and then turned back. I felt like i was feeling his pain. I loved that just like Rhage, Mary affected the beast as well and could control it. Those part where pretty great.
I LOVED this book just like the first and again would recommend it to anyone that loves a great love story and action.
post signature
Dark Lover (BDB #1) Review HERE
Lover Awakened (BDB #3) Review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment