Apr 7, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Book Description:
 

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
Christina's BookReview
“I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...”

It has been a month since I've read this book and I still feel the same way as I did when I read it. I loved Everything about this book! I thought Abby was a great protagonist and Travis was...Travis...:-) I loved that he was a straight up bad boy but had a soft spot for the people he loved. I think him and Abby made a good couple. Although, he annoyed me with some of his "acts" I liked that he had flaws like every other guy in real life. I think that's what I liked about the story the most, the reality in it. No one was perfect, everybody had their flaws.

Many people write about the "abuse" in the relationship and that will deter people from reading this book but I didn't see any in the book. Travis fell in love, he wanted to protect Abby, he wanted to be good for her and that stamps him as "abusive"? Well then we(the people that LOVE Travis) must all have issues. If you expecting to read about a sunsets and butterflies relationship then this is not the book for you. If you want to read about finding love and the nitty gritty of a relationship then you will LOVE this "Beautiful Disaster".

I loved the romance and the adventure in the book.Getting to know about Abby's past was really interesting and exciting. I loved Travis's family and enjoyed Shepley and America.

I recommend this book to every person out there looking to read a great book with real life relationship issues or just a GREAT book in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment