Jun 15, 2012

Obsidian (Lux # 1) by Jennifer Armentrout

Book Description:

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

Christina's BookReview

“But no matter where I went, what I was running from would still be with me—Kat. She wasn’t just back in the house, in that bed. She was with me now, inside me. And there was no outrunning that.”

Holy freaking heck! I never imagined that a story about aliens would keep me enthralled. I seriously was hesitant about it but anything with romance quickly pulls me in. Obsidian is so much more then what I expected! It is the kind of book that you want to take your time reading because you never want it to end!

Katy has just moved to a new town with her mother. She is like any typical teenager, upset about the move, upset about leaving her hometown behind and upset that her internet connection sucks which means she won’t be able to update her blog. With her mother’s insistence, she decides to try and befriend the next door neighbors. What can it hurt? There just her neighbors. Oh how wrong she was…

When Daemon Black answers the door, dark shaggy hair, green eyes, half naked and looking like he walked out of cover shoot for GQ, Katy doesn’t know how to react. That is until he speaks. Daemon Black is douchebag. He’s arrogant, ignorant and a jerk to Katy. She suddenly rethinks the friendship part and leaves him with a few choice words herself. But the opposite happens with Dee, Daemon’s twin sister. They instantly form a friendship and become the best of friends. All the while Daemon keeps insisting that Katy is not good enough to be friends with his sister. He threatens her and belittles her in order to get his point across. But Daemon Black has just met his match.

Katy isn’t a pushover, she isn’t a measly human, and will not let him get away with his behavior. She will fight fire with fire or insult with insult in their case. Katy is tired of people thinking that she is some measly girl that cannot and will not defend herself. She is tired of Daemon Black and his threats. She will not give her friendship with Dee up and Daemon Black can shove off.

When things in town suddenly start to get weird and Katy is attacked by a man looking for them, Katy knows something is up. What she doesn’t expect is what she finally discovers. Her new best friend and her infuriating brother are not normal. They are not even human.

While trying to understand the new Paranormal world she is introduced to she must also fight off jealous ex-girlfriends, an arrogant jerk that makes her blood boil, people staring at her weirdly, people coming after her, and the glow she now has surrounding her.

How can a mere human handle so much? Read and find out!

The author does an amazing job in bringing the alien concept into this story. I loved the hot and cold relationship between Katy and Daemon. Katy was a kick ass protagonist and I loved that about her. The secondary characters were also amazing and weren’t just shortly mentioned characters. The author spends time in introducing every one of them to the reader. Its action packed, chuck full of romance, and jammed pack with funny moments.

I cannot wait to get my hands on Onyx! August isn’t coming fast enough now!

Seriously, if you are hesitant about this book, don’t be. It’s fabulous! Pick up a copy NOW and devour it! I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment