Jul 10, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James


Book Description:

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.
The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her - but on his own terms.
Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.
Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

Christina's BookReview
Ana Steele agrees to help her friend by conducting an interview with Christan Grey, a young successful entrepreneur. She didn't expect for her to have a sudden attraction to the snobbish, arrogant man. But Christan sees something in Ana that he wants. Something that she doesn't see coming. What Christian told her once was true. Christian Grey is 50 Shades of F***ed up!I wish I can say that this book enthralled me. Really I was expecting something NOT like that! I was completely disgusted! I forced myself to finished it only so that I could write my review for my book club. It started off okay and then when we finally are privy to why Christian Grey is a mess I was put off completely.

Honestly, I expected some other secret. Never in a million years did I expect what I discovered.


Ana Steele is a terrible MC. She is the worse influence to women and young women out there. Because lets face the fact, with all the publicity this is getting, every girl out there wants to read it. I wish Ana had a little more respect for herself, first sexual relationship or not. No girl should ever want their first time to be with someone that doesn't love them, is controlling, and gets his rocks off beating them.The influence that this book could have on people is what bothers me.


Christian Grey might be sexy, rich and a influential. He might be all of that, but he is TERRIBLE! He needs help! I truly have nothing to say about him because he repulsed me after we finally see who he really is.

Nonetheless, I will not continue the series. Maybe one day I will have the will to read on and finish it just to say I gave it a chance but not anytime soon. The only reason this book got two stars was because it was interesting until we hit the "I love to hurt women" part.

Like everyone says this book is not for everyone. You either love it or you hate it. It is everyone's own opinion. If you want to know what all the hype is about, read it. Don't say some of these reviews didn't warn you, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment