Aug 2, 2017

Review: Defy

Defy Defy by Sara B. Larson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“True beauty is what lies inside of us, not what the world sees. A beautiful shell that houses a vile soul becomes sullied over time. But an outer shell, imperfect as it may be, that houses a beautiful, shines with that beauty, radiating it for all who have eyes to see.”


I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and the story line. Alexa was such a strong character and even though she had her points of vulnerability, she did a good job of putting her duty at the forefront. I enjoyed her character development and her fierce protection of those she loved. Even when she lost everyone she loved, she still remembered what her destiny was. Even if that meant, turning away from the one person that made her whole.

Damian was a sweetheart and even though he loved Alexa, he knew what his destiny was. He was dedicated to release his people from their oppression. When his past is revealed I felt for him and his pain.

“Because you understand. More than anyone. Because you know what it's like never to trust anyone - to be completely alone, lost in a disguise of your own making. Because... because for quite some time I've -”


As for the romance, I was a bit worried that this wouldn't have any. I was wrong. It actually has quite a bit, which made me want a little less. However, it was sweet and all the scenes between Damian and Alexa were great.

Nevertheless, this is now one of my favorites. Grab your copy now!

Happy Reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment