Aug 4, 2017

Review: Paper Dolls

Paper Dolls Paper Dolls by Courtney Houston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

ARC provided by author.

"Dear Mom,
I found something I wasn't looking for. I think those are the best kinds of things. The kind you didn't even know you wanted until you find it. I think this is what it feels like to have a real adventure. You know what you're doing, but you don't know where you're going.
Love, Mari."


I have to say that I liked reading Paper Dolls. I liked the characters, the plot and the ending. Mari was a good character and what she went through was heartbreaking. She was young to have to deal with what she did and she carried the weight of the world on her shoulders. She was all alone, until Ian. She needed Ian to get her to open up and see that there was more out there for her. As for Ian's character, I wish I could say that I loved everything about him. He was great to Mari and such a sweet guy but it was hard to identify with him. Because he was so aloof and secretive, I wasn't able to feel any connection to him. I think the story could have benefited from more character development in regards to him.

As for the romance, I thought it was sweet. However, the connect between both characters felt to me more like a new friendship. The romantic scenes were good but without the development of Ian's character I didn't feel the connection.

All in all a good read! Grab your copy on August 14th!

Happy Reading!

View all my reviews

1 comment: