Mar 16, 2012

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins


 Book Description:

Sparks are igniting, flames are spreading and the Capitol wants revenge.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

In Catching Fire, the second novel of the Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, testing her more than ever before...and surprising readers at every turn.

Christina's BookReview
“We star-crossed lovers of District 12, who suffered so much and enjoyed so little the rewards of our victory, do not seek our fans' favor, grace them with our smiles, or catch their kisses. We are unforgiving. And I love it. Getting to be myself at last.”

When I first started to read Catching Fire I surprisingly was having a very difficult time getting into it. I waited a month and then went back to reading it and was surprised how immersed I was in book after getting passed the little bump.

I was so upset with the twist to the Quarter Quell but wasnt surprised. President Snow's visit hinted to something terrible coming and that is exactly what happened.

Katniss was an obvious target in this book after what happened in the arena during The Hunger Games. Her relationship with Peeta grew into much more then just friendship. She was determined to get him home after the Quater Quell by sacrificing herself and that alone made me like her more. Peeta always his sweet, gracious and amazing self was again sacrificing himself for Katniss and that made me love him even more. Of couse we get a little of Gale in CF but not enough to make an impression. I did feel bad with that one scene. I loved the new chracters and even found myself sad when some didn't make it in the arena. My new fave character in CF was Finnick and I have to say that I couldn't wait to read more about him.

Catching Fire was as intense and The Hunger Games and twice as sadder. I can't wait to see how this book is portrayed on the big screen.

I recommend this book to everyone that has read The Hunger Games.

post signature

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) Review HERE
MockingJay (The Hunger Games #3) Review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment