Mar 9, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Book Description:


Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister’s place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

Christina's BookReview
Read July 2011

“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”

So I was surprised to see that I hadn't written a review for this book after I had read it last year. Bad me...tsk tsk.

What can I say about The Hunger Games?

This book was INCREDIBLE! Before reading this book I had never read a book based in the future in a dystopian world. I was impressed with the writing and description of everything from District 12 to the arena. I was sucked into Katniss's world and found myself feeling all of her feelings.

I have to say that I found my heart hurting knowing that only one person of the 24 was going to live. I was in agony just thinking that Peeta would not make it because we already knew this was Katniss's story. And then the stand that they both took against the Capitol had me smiling and yipping in joy.

Almost a year later and I have to say that I am super excited to see all of The Hunger Games characters come to life on big screen on march 23rd! I'm excited to see how the characters that we fell in love with come to be on the big screen!

I have recommended this book to everyone of my friends (who have fallen in love with them) and will continue recommending it. So if you haven't read this, what are you waiting for?!!


post signature


Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) Review HERE 
MockingJay (The Hunger Game #3) Review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment