Dec 11, 2012

Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown

Bouquet Toss
Book Description:

Ever since Daphne Harper graduated from college, all of her friends have fallen in love, become engaged and walked down the aisle. Be it a blessing or a curse, Daphne (a hopeless romantic and perpetual single girl) catches the bouquet at every single wedding she attends.

Daphne’s love life is a mess. Her first love, Mayson, haunts her heart and keeps her from pursuing happiness with any man who comes along. As she struggles to move on from the one who got away, Daphne wonders if she will ever break her curse and find her happily ever after.
Christina's BookReview

RECAP

Daphne Harper is the “bouquet” girl at all the wedding’s she attends. All of her friends have found their soul mates and walked down the aisle. The only thing Daphne has done is catch the bouquet at their weddings.

Daphne thought she found the love of her life in Mayson, but that was shattered when he turned his back on her and walked away. Years later Daphne still can’t find the one. Because to her Mayson will always be it. And when he comes back Daphne vows to make it work this time.

But will she miss out on a chance at real love? Or will Mayson really be it?

MY TAKE

Ok I have to start off by saying that I truly wanted to be blown away by this book. I heard so many wonderful things and was looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t impressed.

For the first half of this book I was just annoyed with Daphne and her obsession with Mayson. The guy did her dirty and left her and she was still strung up on him. And when he comes back and tries to make it right she practically drools over him. I’m not a fan of spineless heroine’s and Daphne was exactly that. And Mayson was a jerk and I didn’t like him one bit. The fact that she forgave him for EVERYTHING he did was ridiculous and made her lose points with me.

The only bright spot were the secondary characters and Tanner. From his first appearance I was all Team Tanner! When he finally became a focus in the book I was content and I enjoyed every part he was in. I also liked when he made his final stand and fought for his happiness. He was sweet, caring, loving but also didn’t put up with being anyone’s second and I loved that about him.

Elise, Morgan and Evan were great friends and I liked that they weren’t blinded by what was happening. I loved Evan and would like to read a book on him and his love life!

So all in all, I liked the second half of this book. The first, not at all.

I will let you to make your decision on it!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment