Mar 7, 2013

Fall From Grace by Christine Zolendz

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
Book Description: I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.

But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that. 


A paranormal romance.
Christina's BookReview
“She is a mortal danger to all men. She is beautiful without knowing it, and possesses charms that she's not even aware of. She is like a trap set by nature - a sweet perfumed rose in whose petals Cupid lurks in ambush! Anyone who has seen her smile has known perfection. She instills grace in every common thing and divinity in every careless gesture. Venus in her shell was never so lovely, and Diana in the forest never so graceful as you.”

RECAP

Grace has been living in a state of aloofness. She was condemned to eh life she is living and it tired of being so human. As she struggles through the lost of another loved one Grace focuses on just finding the one that will make this hell on earth worth it. Her angel. What she didn't count on was her best friends new boyfriends friend, Shane Maxton. He is infuriatingly sexy with a smile that will melt any girl.. He is a bad boy extraordinaire that just might be break Grace's objective. Or maybe not.


MY TAKE 

So I saw this book on amazon and just loved the cover instantly. Love the intensity of it! And this book is just that...Intense!

From the very beginning Grace is perfect. Perfect in that she isn't a shy and wimpy girl. She has standards, she doesn't put up with shit, and she stands her ground. Yes she complains alot and is apathetic to her life but she doesn't let anyone push her around. What I loved the most was that her love for her angel does not falter. No matter how much Shane tests those boundaries. And he tests them ALOT... :-) She has made it to the top of my list of fave female protags because of her spunk. 

And holy hot hell there is Shane!!I'm going to give you a quote from book two because it just about sums up Shane to me, "I could have had an orgasm from the mind fuck he was giving me right there”. Shane Maxton sets fire to every damn page he is in during this book. He will have you melting throughout. Don't get me wrong he messes up alot and has no filter but then he says things like, "Please Grace, whatever it is you're going after, please try to find it here in me. I will try my best to be the man that you need me to be.” and you can't help but fall a little bit more. He is broken, just like Grace so seeing them interact and try to keep clear of each other is a wonderful journey. Their attraction towards each other was so damn passionate that I felt my kindle would burst into flames at any moment. The author does not disappoint in that aspect.

This story is paranormal so be ready for some action as well. Grace isn't like any normal human. She is condemned to earth and is guided or tortured, whichever you want it to be, by Gabriel. Gabriel is an angel and is also the best friend of Grace's love. Throughout the book you see him but he is practically stoic. There are also others that want to kill Grace or capture her because she plays a more pivotal part in the angelic world. During this Grace is protected by her best friend, Lea. 

Lea is the only person that knows about Grace and is determined to keep her best friend sound and safe. She is the best friend everyone wants. There is also Connor, Lea's boyfriend, who instantly welcomes Grace into the fold. Then there is the band which I instantly loved! All of the guys are awesome and you can't help but hope to read their books in the near future.

So this is what I'm going to summarize this review to...

BUY this. READ this. LOVE it!


HAPPY READING!

1 comment: