Mar 9, 2013

Saving Grace by Christine Zolendz

Saving Grace (Mad World, #2) 
Book Description:
After spending over 2,000 years being a lost soul looking for the angel I was forbidden to fall in love with, I finally found him. Lucky for me he has taken up residence inside the hot body of NYC’s local bad boy, tattooed rock star, Shane Maxton. Turns out, not only is he absolutely perfect, so is the whole Grace Taylor life that I’m stuck in. The only problem is Gabriel. An archangel who wants me all to himself so he kind of kidnaps me. Now I have to find my way back and hope everything works out…

Christina's BookReview
“Then let me in, because I promise you, I will pick up every little broken piece of you, every single fucking piece, Grace, and for the rest of my fucking life, I will put you back together… I’ll make you whole again.”

RECAP


In this continuation of the Fall from Grace series, Grace is coming to terms with discovering that the angel she has been waiting 2,000 years for is none other then the man that has been after her.
She must learn to finally open up to the hot rock star that wants her for himself. As she finally lets go of her old ambitions she is finally able to live her life as Grace Taylor, the human. 

But when old evils come back to haunt her Grace must make a decision...run away from her life or continue to fight for what she loves?

MY TAKE

In the sequel of the Fall From Grace series we pick up right where we left off. And although it was still filled with some intensity between Shane and Grace, it sadly wasn't the same. :-(

In this book I felt like Grace became the complete opposite of what she was in the first book. She let go of everything and just became a girl in complete lust/love with a guy. Her internal dialogue became so annoying that I huffed in frustration alot. I was all about her giving Shane a "chance" but oh my gosh everything she said was just nauseating.  One minute she wants to jump right into bed with Shane and the next she hates him. I sort of felt lost because she suddenly doesn't care about this angel she has spent 2,000 years looking for. It was weird. It was also weird understanding the concept between his soul being in Shane. I wasn't sure if he was or wasn't at certain points. 

What doesn't change is Shane. He is still his holy hot self and makes you swoon. In this one he continues to try and get Grace to see that he is in love with her and that he has changed. He is still hot and cold at certain parts. There is alot of misunderstanding and alot of jealousy in this one too. Shane tries to contain his temper but it just doesn't work. Everyone knows how the bad the "bad" boys are at this. :-) These two have one complicated relationship going on. 

The secondary characters are back and more prominent in this one. I still can't wait for the band members to have their own books. Hopefully that will happen. There were new ones that were put in as obstacle for Grace and Shane and although there were just that they did make the story more enjoyable. Gabriel is back and is very annoying and mean in this one. I want to strangle him and just tell him to take a hint.I felt like his character wasn't fully developed so at the end was confused with his role.

The action wasn't much in this book. Its just filled with alot of lustful moments between Grace and Shane and alot of hilarious moments with the secondary characters. 

This book only went down a star because I felt like it was the same as the first, minus Grace's spunk. I missed the banter between Shane and Grace and then at times thought "Oh my goodness just get it over with!". Shane made this book worth the read and he is def up there with Travis (Beautiful Disaster) and my other bad boys. 

All in all this book was a great ending to the story! I look forward to reading more from this author. 

BUY it. READ it. ENJOY it!  


HAPPY READING!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment