Apr 1, 2013

Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin

Forever My Girl (Beaumont, #1)

Book Description:

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.

Christina's BookReview
RECAP

While in college Liam makes a decision that alters his life forever. Walking away from the one girl that he loves was the hardest thing he ever did. His one regret.

Ten years later, when tragedy brings him back home Liam is ready to face the consequences of his betrayal. What he isn't prepared for is for what the entitles. 

Josie has learned to go forward with life and forget about Liam's departure. She isn't' prepared to face him 10 years later. Especially after she's made the decision to finally start a family.

Will Josie learn to forgive? Will Liam finally get his forever girl?

MY TAKE

When I started reading the sample of this book I was instantly hooked so I purchased it. I had to see how this story unfolded. But midway I was already bored. Which is sad because this book had been recommended a lot and the premise was good. It was just too..."perfect" and a little bland for me. 

Liam walks away from the love of his life and decides to pursue his dreams. Some will say he was selfish and some will think that he did what he had to in order to find himself. I myself didn't think he was selfish in any way and if he'd known what he was leaving behind he never would have walked away. He leaves, becomes a singer and song writer and is miserable. When he returns home he just needs to see Josie and then move on with his life. But when he realizes that he can't walk away and that there are more reasons for him to stop running Liam decides to stay put and I respected that. What I liked about his character was that you saw his growth throughout the book. He was sweet and nice.

Josie was...eh. I felt bad that she didn't know why Liam left her but I also think that she held onto a grudge and she didn't try hard enough to get in contact with Liam. She was selfish throughout the book. At least that's the way I saw it. Josie wasn't a character I connected with at all which is why I really don't have much to say

Now, this was another book where I liked the secondary characters the most. My heart broke for Katelyn and the girls and what they had to go through. In a way I already liked Mason just by hearing about him. I also liked Harrison and I can't wait to read his story next. 

Cute story. Cute romance. 

When I finished reading this I gave it 3.5 stars but I couldn't for the life of me write a review for it. So I forgot about it. And now here I am a month later trying to remember the story. Sadly this was bumped down to a 3 because of it.  
  
I will let you decide on this one. 

Happy Reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment