Apr 24, 2013

Existence by Abbi Glines

Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)
Book Description:

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.
Christina's BookReview


“I’m not a man so I do not have a heart that loves as a human does. I’m an immortal god that dwells with supreme power because I hold the keys to Death. But you are my existence. I am yours.”

RECAP

Pagan Moore is believed to be your typical high school girl preoccupied with friends, family, homework, etc. But what people don’t know is that Pagan can see souls. Ones that don’t pay attention to her and she is happy with. That is until one "soul" changes it all. He just refuses to go away and he won’t stay as silent as the other souls. Because he isn’t a soul.He's Death and he's on earth to see his next soul to the other life. Pagan.


What happens when Pagan realizes that the guy she is falling in love isn’t a soul but death? Will she be able to survive or die to be with him?


MY TAKE

Existence is the first book in the trilogy and it quickly hooks you. The whole Death concept was enough to get me to pick this up. But learning about Dank is what kept me coming back for more. Yes he was hot and cold and he earned a scowl from me a couple times but he was just too damn hot to not swoon over. A rock star who is also Death? HOTT! :-)


Pagan I have to say becomes very co-dependent in this book which drives me bonkers. I don’t like a weak female and so I didn’t much care for Pagan. She had no backbone and it was selfish of her to not care about anyone but herself and Dank. I understand the love concept but if she at least considered what she would have to give up, her family and friends, she would have been okay with me. She didn’t so that’s that.

Then there was the whole back and forth with Leif and I just couldn’t anymore. I actually found myself feeling sorry for him.


Anyways, an okay read. The 3.5 rating is because I actually will read the rest of the books to find out what happens next and hope that they get better. 


BUY(borrow) it. Read it. Enjoy it.


HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment