May 29, 2013

GUEST POST & A REVIEW: Top 5 Books and Review of Real by Katy Evans

Hey All!! Today I have the pleasure of surrendering my blog over to Charlotte. Charlotte is a dear friend and a Moderator of Books4Review Book Club. She will be sharing a list of her favorite books so far this year and sharing a review of one of her favorites! I hope you all enjoy!
_________________________________
My name is Charlotte and I LOVE to read. I am a 31 year old wife and mother and my family is my sanity. I am an Office Manager at a pediatric practice and generally stay pretty busy. My job provides a lot of stress, so I turn to my outlets of books, music, and St Louis Cardinals baseball to relax.  Reading is my primary means of escape though. I love being able to immerse myself into another world and let my mind clear. 

Thank you to Christina for being such a good friend and letting me take over her blog. I hope
that you enjoy my Top 5 and my review!


Contact Charlotte: ~Goodreads~

My Top 5 Favorites

This is a difficult decision because I have read a lot of really great books. I will have to go with the 5 books that have stuck with me the most throughout the years.

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - If you haven't read this book, do it now. I LOVE this book. It sucks you in and tugs at your heart. I cried so much. Everyone needs to read this book.

The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson  - I add this one because, out of all of the books I read in school, I still remember this from fifth grade. I couldn't put it down, even when the teacher forbid us from reading ahead. This book is powerful and heartbreaking and one that I think everyone should read in their life.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Now, I know what you are thinking, but my reason for adding this book probably isn't what you think. This book is on the list because this series is what got me back into reading. If my friend hadn't convinced me to read this despite all of my protests, I probably wouldn't have started reading again. I found it hard to find anything that held my interest and barely ever read, until this book.

Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks - This book is powerful and emotional. It was a light in the dark during a very difficult time in my life. I realize that it doesn't have high ratings, but that shouldn't deter you from reading it. It's real and books like that are hard to find.

Turtle Moon by Alice Hoffman - This is the first book that I ever re-read. I read this book when I was about 13 years old and to this day, I still have a copy of it. It is somewhat hard to find, but I tracked one down and it will always be a part of my collection.
____________________________
Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1)
Author: Katy Evans
Series:
Real, Raw & Ripped #1

Rating: 5 Stars
Shelf: Favorites

Synopsis:


Remington Tate is an underground fighter and he is the best at what he does. He is every woman's fantasy from the tips of his sexy black hair to the bottom of his beautifully sculpted body, but he has a secret. Brooke Dumas is a disciplined ex-sprinter who is trying to make a life for herself after her injury. Her best friend, Melanie, convinces her to go to the fights with her to see her new obsession - Remy "Riptide" Tate. Brooke doesn't know what all the fuss is about until he enters the ring. He turns and looks right at her, and only her. The moment their eyes lock, their worlds are changed forever.

goodreads-badge-add-plus
 *REVIEW*
"I love him. He's not just a star, he's the whole fucking sky to me. He's the sun and every planet in this galaxy.”

After seeing all of the rave reviews for this book, I was curious. This isn't a book that I would normally read otherwise,but I wanted something quick and light, so I thought I would give it a try. I cannot say that I was disappointed even a little bit. To say that this book sucked me in is a complete understatement. I bought and read this book in one sitting, in just a few hours. I even stayed up until 2 am to finish. There are very, very few books that I can say that about.

“Why’d you want to have sex with me? To have a f*cking adventure? What was I supposed to be? Your one-night-f*cking stand? I’m every woman’s adventure, damn you, and I don’t want to be yours. I want to be your f*cking REAL. You get that? If I f*ck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me—not Riptide!”

OMG!This book is....WOW! I literally could not put it down. The passion between Remy and Brooke is freaking HOT. The relationship that builds between them is sweet. These two broken people who have never been ok enough to let anyone else in, and yet they are completely drawn to each other. They ground each other. The way they use music to express their feelings to each other is amazing. Music speaks the words that we cannot even put into form. The characters are great and add to the drama of this book. The storyline is good and at times, heartbreaking. I think the only thing that I really didn't like about this book was the lion licking. It made me want to wash my face. Other than that, it was just wow.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is sooooooooooooo good! READ IT!


Purchase links:  Amazon / Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment