May 15, 2012

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Book Description:

The final book in the Trylle Trilogy..

With a war looming on the horizon, Wendy's fate seems sealed.But everything she sacrificed might be in vain if she can't save the ones she loves. Her whole life has been leading up to this, and it's all coming to an end.


 




Christina's BookReview
 
After Re-reading

“Princess." He smiled up at me, but it was weak. "If I'd known that this is what it would take to get you to hold me, I would've collapsed a long time ago.”
“I don't want only one night. I want all the nights. I want all of you, forever.” 

After re-reading Ascend and the whole Trylle Trilogy I have to say I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this series! I would recommend it nonstop and knew I loved it but when reading again I forgot just how much!

Ascend picks up a few months after Torn finished. Wendy is now slowly taking over the responsibilities of a Queen. The people of Trylle are giving Wendy a hard time because of her being a mix of Vittra and Trylle but she is adamant of showing them that she will be a good ruler. On top of that she is battling her growing feelings for Loki, trying to push away her feelings for Finn, and planning her wedding to someone she likes but doesn't love. It is much more then any 18 yr old girl can handle. 

In Ascend we not only see Wendy grow up but we see her finally become the Queen that everyone knew she would be. She fights for her people, wants change for them in the form of equality, she would sacrifice herself for them. We see a lot of devastation in Ascend but we also see a lot of unity. We see how Wendy and Tove both as Prince and Princess/Queen and King start to make changes little by little. 

I loved the dynamic of Tove/Wendy, not a romantic dynamic but as rulers and leaders. Both were strong and both wanted the same for their kingdom. I believed that they did the right thing in uniting for the kingdom but was sad because they both didn't love each other. Which leads me to Finn and Loki. In Ascend Wendy finally gets fed up with Finns aloofness and decides that its time to move on. After breaking things with Finn she is surprised to realize that she cares about Loki much more then she realized. When he shows up at her stairs, beat to an inch of his death and asking for Amnesty, Wendy quickly takes care of him and grows protective of him. During the time that Loki is staying in the palace Wendy and he spend more time together and as their love blossoms we see another side of Loki that makes us root for them to be together and have their happily ever after.

In Ascend there is a lot of character development and alot of loss but it is what makes the series so great. I loved this series and hope that others enjoy it as much. If you haven't tried this do yourself a favor a pick it up!

Review of Book #1- Switched HERE

Review of Book #2-Torn HERE  

No comments:

Post a Comment