Aug 5, 2012

Blood Like Poison: Destined for a Vampire by M. Leighton

Book Description

Ridley Heller thought that all her problems would be over if she could have Bo back—back from the dead. But what Ridley didn’t know was that her wish would come at a price.

Bo survived a condition that would have killed a lesser vampire, or any vampire for that matter. The only reason he didn’t die is because of who he is, someone Ridley doesn’t know at all. Someone Bo himself doesn’t know at all.

As Ridley gets closer to finding out Bo’s true identity, she discovers that loving him could also come at a price, a price much higher than she ever could have imagined. The question is: is there any such thing as a price too high to pay for Bo? For his love, for his safety, for eternity in his arms


Christina's BookReview
 "Whatever the future held, I was going to enjoy the present. I was going to live and love like there was no tomorrow. For all I knew, that might be the case. At the rate I was going, on any given day there was a distinct possibility that tomorrow might never come."

In this second installment of the Blood Like Poison series Ridley is faced with alot more then she can handle. New enemies, new complications, life without Bo and juggling a "normal" teenage life. On top of all that she has to deal with the consequences of what happened to Devon and Savannah.

As Ridley comes to terms with what exactly Bo is she has to deal with also being lonely. Without Bo beside her Ridley must battle her own set of Vampires. Vampires that are suddenly all out to get her, for reasons she doesn't understand. When Ridley discovers that she isn't hallucinating and does in fact have Bo back she is relieved. She tries to be happy with having Bo back in some form but it isn't easy when she is being hunted. Will Bo be able to save her? Or will he be to late? Read and find out.

I was looking forward to delving back into Bo and Ridley's story and wasn't disappointed. The story starts off with Ridley finding out that Bo is more then a simple Vampire. He is so much more and I was excited when what I expected was in fact correct! I have to say that I did miss having Bo in this book like we did in the first. With his situation it isn't easy for him to be with Ridley and that sucked. With his absence Ridley has to deal with alot and also makes some very stupid mistakes but in the end she is the most help of all.

The only reason this book only got 4 stars is because Bo was absent alot and it frustrated me as much as it did Ridley. Another reason was because although I ADORE Bo I was annoyed that he just showed up extra late whenever something happened to Ridley. I guess I sort of wanted him to be the hero in the book but found that Ridley was instead. More power to her. though. :-) In his defense with his condition it wasn't possible for him to be around all the time.

But the times that he was there for her were so worth it! I found myself smiling and giddy whenever he was around. He definitely lived up to the saying "distance makes the heart grow fonder" but I must add "and the body grow hotter"...LOL Trust me, read and find out. :-)

With that said, pick up the second book! Its filled with just as much action and romance! Mrs. Leighton gave us Bo and you wouldn't want to miss out on him! :-) 

Review for Blood Like Vampire: For the Love of a Vampire (Book #1) HERE
 

1 comment:

  1. You will get much, much, MUCH more Bo in book 3;) He's in almost every page. *winks* THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete