Aug 7, 2012

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Book Description:

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationships never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.
 
Christina's BookReview
 “You’re every song I have ever sung. I’ll never let anything hurt you again. For the first time in my life, my dreams aren’t about me.” I lifted my eyes up to meet his, and he smiled. “They’re about you.” 

Sadie White isn't your average teenager. She isn't in to all the drama, all the swooning over stars, or making friends. Sadie is a very grown up seventeen year old. Her life consists of taking care of her pregnant mother and worrying about bills and rent. So when summer comes around and schools out, Sadie is forced to go to work to support herself and her mother. She will be taking her mother’s position as a maid in the lush home of Jax Stone, the teenage Rock Superstar. But Sadie only cares about making money to make ends meet not some snobby rich star. She could work for Jax Stone without being affected. Sadie is about to find out that she is being delusional.


Jax Stone isn't everything the public makes him to be out. Jax Stone loves his career but loves going home every summer. He seeks out the quiet and peacefulness found in his hometown of Sea Breeze. Nothing can happen that could change his life during three months, he just needs a break. Jax Stone is about to find out that he is also being delusional.

After Jax and Sadie meet Jax is instantly attracted to the blond hair blue eyes beauty. What makes it so much sweeter is knowing that she isn't affected by his stardom. To the point where she doesn't even listen to his music. With that in mind Jax welcomes the breath of fresh air Sadie brings to his life. As they grow closer and get to know each other more they can't help but be scared of what is happening. They are falling in love but know that they only have three months of being together. Life must go on for Jax after the Summer. There is no place for Sadie in his whirlwind life.

Can these two make it through the summer? Will hearts be broken? Read and find out!

First off let me tell you that I totally devoured this book in hours! Many people criticized this book as cheesy and not so great but I'm glad I didn't listen and read this. Yes Jax totally was cheesy in some parts but he was just perfect. He had me smiling from ear to ear with his beautiful words and protective nature. Jax totally has the melting hearts gig down packed. :-) And just to make you swoon more check out Jax's song to Sadie "Don't Cry" HERE

I enjoyed that Sadie wasn't a blubbering mess of a girl fan but I was upset that she was such a push over. Her mother was a terrible mother and she just took it without protesting. She also seemed to push Marcus and his friend’s away right after Jax showed up and I thought that was rude of her. Totally understood why she wanted to be with Jax and adored him for wanting to be apart of her world but she seemed to only want to be with him ALL the time!

And Marcus, I have to talk about Marcus because he just made this book receive the last 1/2 star in rating. If I adored Jax, then I LOVED Marcus. Talk about sweet, caring, protective and so amazing! Although he wasn’t the one for Sadie he didn’t stop being her best friend. He wanted her to be happy and if her happiness was Jax then he could accept it. I was sad for him but I knew Sadie was not the one for him. I can’t wait to read his story next! :-) A whole book of Marcus is just what is needed after Breathe!

A Marcus quote that just made me love him more: “I used to think he didn’t deserve your love, but now I think he may just be as in love with you as you are with him. I want you to be happy, and if he makes you happy, then that’s all that matters.”

If you want to read a summer romance, pick up Breathe. It is chuck full of romance, sweet quotes and more than two great guys! You will not be disappointed.

Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) Review HERE
While it Last (Sea Breeze #3) Review to Come...

No comments:

Post a Comment