Feb 8, 2014

~REVIEW~ Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) Synopsis

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Recommended for ages 16 and up.



~MY REVIEW
~



Angelfall has been on my bookshelf for the past year and I haven't had the chance to pick it up. Once I did I was intrigued with the storyline and the romance. Unfortunately, I didn't get much romance. :(

Penryn was a tough girl and she had guts which I adored about her. Every since her world collapsed she's been the "guardian" of her wheelchair bound sister and psychotic mother. During one of her moves to a safer place she encounters Raffe about to be killed by other angels and intervenes. Because of her intervening her sisters is taken by the angels.

Intent on getting her sister back Penryn fights tooth and nail to get the rude and arrogant Raffe to help her find the angels. And because she hold all the cards Raffe is forced to comply.

Together Penryn and Raffe journey to enemies territory. However, getting there isn't easy. They encounter a group of humans who are building to fight back and a creature that is like no other they've ever encountered. 

Angelfall is filled with plenty of action but sadly not enough romance. There is something brewing between Penryn and Raffe but it is not the theme of the book. It doesn't take away from the story and I understand that it is a slow building love but I wanted more. I can never have enough. :) I will continue the series and hope to get more of these two together.

It is worth the read!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

“I knew from the start that your loyalty would get you killed. I just never thought it would be your loyalty to me that would do it.” 
“I never thought about it before, but I'm proud to be human. We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I'm proud to be a Daughter of Man.”
“Angels are violent creatures.”
“So I noticed. I used to think they were all sweet and kind."
“Why would you think that? Even in your Bible, we’re harbingers of doom, willing and able to destroy entire cities. Just because we sometimes warned one or two of you beforehand doesn’t make us altruistic.”
HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment