Feb 6, 2014

~REVIEW~ Just for Now by Abbi Glines

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) Synopsis

An insatiable attraction heats to the boiling point in this steamy book set in the shore town of Sea Breeze from the author of the white-hot The Vincent Boys.

Preston is one bad boy. And Amanda has harbored a crush on him for forever. When she finally makes her move on him, it does not end well. But still, she can’t resist him. Especially now that he seems to be pursuing her, too.

No one wants wants them to be together. Not Amanda’s brother Marcus, who is on the verge of his marriage to Low, and definitely not any of Preston’s buddies. They know way too much about Preston’s dark side. Even Preston realizes he’s not good enough for someone like her.

But Amanda believes there is more to Preston than his bad boy persona, and she is determined to unearth what he’s hiding behind his seductive blue eyes—secrets that could explain his actions. Secrets Amanda might not be able to forgive.

Yet the dangerous attraction persists...and neither Preston nor Amanda is going to deny it.



~MY REVIEW~ 

As a fan of the Sea Breeze series I was looking forward to Preston's story. I'm glad that I wasn't disappointed!

Preston is a grade A gigolo. All he cares about is women and booze. He lives his life in secret and has no time to worry about what others think. What you quickly learn is that Preston isn't such a bad guy. Growing up with a terrible family life he had to grow up quickly in order to take care of his brothers and sister. For them he would do anything. Even sell his body to lonely housewives. They know the deal and as long as he can drink away all the memories he is okay. That is until he learns that his best friends sister has been one of those late night "memories" he forgot. 

Amanda loves Preston since the moment she laid eyes on him. To her it doesn't matter that he drinks and sleeps his way around town. She is so sure that he is so much more. So being in his arms for a night was okay with her. Even after he treats her like crap and leaves her in the dust. She just can't give up on him. Not even her brother can keep her away from him. 

When Preston realizes that Amanda has feelings for him he is resistant at first. To him she deserves so much better. But Preston can't fight the way she drives him crazy and the craving he has for her. So he caves. Amanda turns out to be his strength while dealing with his life's drama. She does not waver in her devotion to him and helps him through the hell he is living.

What Amanda doesn't know is that while she wins Preston's heart, she doesn't have all of him. Not yet. They must deal with a alot to get to where they end up and I must say it was a wonderful journey. One where we get to see the rest of the Sea Breeze gang again and celebrate Low's wedding!

I contemplated giving this one 4.5 stars but I want to tell you why that didn't happen. My issue with this one was that Amanda was the weakest Sea Breeze girl, to date. I'm not used to Abbi's heroine being that way so I was a little frustrated. She barely stood up for herself and she was blindly in love with Preston even after what he did to her. Don't get me wrong I loved Preston too but it wasn't until I realized why he acted the way he did. Loved them together eventually but Amanda started off weak. 

Overall, Just For Now is just as wonderful as the rest! We get the same Abbi Glines formula but Preston's story to me was the most realist. He definitely had it worse than the other Sea Breeze gang and pulled at your heartstrings.

Pick this up as well as the previous books!

FAVORITE QUOTES:
“Nothing about this thing we have is a bad thing. I’m not gonna lie about it: I don’t deserve you. I’m sure as hell not good enough for you, but as long as you want me, I’m all yours.” 
 “Preston pulled me up against his chest and cupped my face in his hands. “I love you. I love you so damn much it consumes me. I don’t deserve you, but I’m gonna become the man who does deserve you. I promise you. I’ll make you proud of me.”I reached up and ran my thumb over his lips. “I am and will always be proud of you. I want the world to know you’re mine.”
“Nothing about this thing we have is a bad thing. I’m not gonna lie about it: I don’t deserve you. I’m sure as hell not good enough for you, but as long as you want me, I’m all yours.” 


HAPPY READING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment