Feb 14, 2014

~REVIEW~ Girl In Love by Caisey Quinn

Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans, #3) Synopsis

She's living her dream...

Kylie Ryans is the biggest thing to come out of Nashville since, well, since Trace Corbin. With a hit album and a powerful label behind her, she appears to be the girl who has it all.

But appearances can be deceiving.

Fresh out of rehab, Trace Corbin is ready to take on the world. Just not the girl he walked away from. Because if there's one thing he knows for certain, it's that the people you love are the ones who have the power to destroy you.

As their worlds collide, they'll have to make the ultimate choice. Follow their dreams, or give it all up for love.

They say love conquers all, but for Kylie and Trace, it just might wreck everything they've worked for.



~MY REVIEW~

So I finished this series and I am totally bummed that it’s the end. When I first picked up Girl with Guitar I only expected to probably finish it and maybe read the rest later. Well that wasn’t the case. I actually read right through this series in just a couple of days. That should tell you how much I LOVED this series! When I reached the end of this book I felt empty. Only because I didn't want it to end...but I knew it had too. Trace and Kylie's story was a true love story!

In the final installment of Kylie and Trace’s story we pick up a couple of months after the dreadful breakup. Kylie is living her dreams and drowning in her work so that she doesn’t have to feel the pain of heartbreak. She pretty much becomes the opposite of what she used to be. She keeps to herself and pushes everyone away from her. Her pain will have you feeling sad for her most of the book. But when she has to face the newly recovered Trace it gets to be a lot harder than she ever imagined. No matter how hard she tries to forget what they had and to move on, having him near her breaks all those walls she's trying to keep up.

In the close quarters they both share she comes to realize that it feels just like the beginning and this Trace is completely different. He loves and protects her even after she belittles him and treats him like crap. With a shit load of misunderstanding these two continue their love/hate relationship in this book. Kylie has a hard time letting anyone in and Trace has a hard time showing her how much he still loves her when all she does is push him away.

Girl In Love takes us on ups and downs. All throughout the book you have one thought running through your mind "Would you two just please talk it out!!" :) If they had only talked things through they both could have saved each other a lot of trouble. But of course then the story wouldn't have been so great to read!

Throughout the story we also get more of our loving secondary characters. Rae, Claire Ann, Mia, Lilly, Olivia, Steven, Mike, Pauly and Gretchen are back and better then ever. What I loved about this book is that you got to see more of the secondary characters and quickly wanted to know MORE about them. Which is why I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they do get their own books, ESPECIALLY Mia and Steven. I have a feeling those two have alot to say.

Perfect ending to a FANTABULOUS series!

Read this series! Don't miss out on Kylie, Trace and all the wonderful characters that join the story.

FAVORITE QUOTES:

“I missed you so fucking much, baby," he told her between placing frantic open- mouth kisses down her jawline and neck. "Every day. Every second of every day I missed you. It hurt like hell being away from you. It nearly wrecked me...having to see you and not being able to have you.
“Because I want to know. I want to know what bothers you and what makes you cry. Just like I want to know what makes you happy and what makes you laugh.”
“You brought me back to life. You made sure the only one who could record our song was us. You kissed me on stage because I sang a song that hurt to sing. You bought my daddy’s truck. You went to rehab and got sober. You ditched everyone, your band, your family, to come have a pity party bonfire with me, you—”
“I love you. I love the feel of you, the taste of you, the scent of you. I love you so much I lose control sometimes—lose the little bit of sense God gave me. If all I was allowed to do was sit and watch you exist for the rest of my life, I would die happy.”
"There’s not a thing I wouldn’t give to hold her. To say the things I should have told her. So if you see my Oklahoma girl, I hope you’ll let her know. There’s a Georgia boy wants to marry her and he’ll never let her go."

HAPPY READING!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment