Nov 21, 2012

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines


Book Description:

Fifty Shades of Grey
meets Jenny Han’s Summer series in this sequel to The Vincent Boys, where hot romance is the cure for heartbreak.
Getting a boy to fall head-over-heels in love with you isn’t easy. Especially when he’s been in love with your cousin for as long as you can remember.

Lana has lived her life in her cousin’s shadow. Ashton always made perfect grades, had tons of friends, and looks model-perfect. And she’s always had Sawyer Vincent—the only boy Lana’s ever wanted—wrapped around her finger. But now things are different. Lana has a chance to make Sawyer see her, and she’s taking it. If only he’d get over Ashton—because Lana is sick of second-best.

Sawyer’s heart is broken. He’s lost his best girl to his best friend. And then Lana comes to town. Ashton’s cousin has always been sweet and soft-spoken, but now she’s drop-dead gorgeous as well. Sawyer doesn’t know if Lana can heal his broken heart, but spending time with her might at least make Ashton jealous.

What starts as a carefree fling becomes a lusty game of seduction. Sawyer and Lana may have different motives, but their scintillating hookups are the same kind of steamy. . . .

Christina's BookReview

“When I'm with you, my world is complete. When I touch you, I understand the meaning of life. When I lost you, I completely shattered. You. Own. Me.”

Recap


Sawyer Vincent has just had his heart ripped apart, figuratively. After losing Ashton to his brother, Beau Vincent, Sawyer can’t help but be bitter and angry. Ashton is the love of his life, THE ONE, and Sawyer doesn’t have eyes for no one else. What Sawyer doesn’t realize is that Ashton isn’t his ONE. Will Sawyer finally realize what true love is? Or will he hurt the one person that truly loves him?

Lana McDaniels has always been in love with Sawyer Vincent. After learning that Ashton had broken his heart Lana vows to make Sawyer love her. After a stunning transformation Lana is back in town with one mission in mind: Getting Sawyer Vincent to finally notice her.

Things will be perfect right? Not so much. How do you get someone that is in love with another person fall in love with you?

As Lana tries to show Sawyer that there is a life outside of Ashton she begins to finally see the truth. Lana will never be enough for Sawyer.

Will these two finally get their happily ever after? Or will Sawyer never get over Ashton?

My Take

First, OMG! I LOVED LOVED this book!

Second, don’t read this book until you’ve gotten through The Vincent Boys.

Now, when I read the Vincent Boys I was automatically a fan of Sawyer and was so angry with Beau and Ashton that I gave that book 3 stars. (Check out my review for the reasons why by clicking the link at the end of this review.)  So when I heard that Sawyer was getting his story I was excited! Unfortunately I didn’t have the time to get to it when it was released. Well thanks to Simon Teen, The Vincent Brothers was put on sale and I quickly jumped at it. I read this book in one sitting and didn’t do anything but read. And OMG why did I wait so long??

Sawyer’s story starts off a little while after the breakup with Ashton. He is really torn up about what happened but is trying his hardest to be supportive of his brother’s happiness. But as we all know, getting over your first love isn’t something that happens overnight. We see just how difficult this is for Sawyer which makes your heart hurt for him. We also see him change in ways that makes you angry at him.

Then we are introduced to Lana and you can see that Sawyer has owned her heart for a very long time. Because of that I liked her instantly. I wanted her to succeed in her mission of capturing his heart. I liked her spunk and I liked her tenacity. But, I felt bad for her because she grew up in a really tough situation and then had to feel the same with Sawyer. And even though she didn’t see it, Sawyer was changing and we got to see how much.

Everything these two went through was really tough but I was so happy at the end that I just couldn’t stop feeling giddy.

Let me also take the time to spotlight the other characters in this story. Eric was a great friend and I hope that maybe in the future he will get his own story. Maybe with Jewel?
Jewel although she was crazy and not much in the book, she was a good friend and I liked that she was on Team Sawyer the whole time. Lana’s mother although dense at times developed into a good parent at the end and I liked that about her. Everyone deserves a second chance.
And let’s not forget Beau and Ashton, although they are the cause of Sawyers pain I liked that they tried to understand what he was going through.

Anyways, I don’t have to say anymore but this: PICK THIS UP!! Read The Vincent Boys and then read this! You will LOVE it!

post signature

The Vincent Boys- Review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment