Jun 21, 2013

REVIEW: A Vampire's Saving Embrace by Darlene Kuncytes

A Vampire's Saving Embrace
Book Description:

Abigail Montgomery was happy with her life. She was independent, strong, and had managed on her own for a very long time. That was, until the dark, handsome Desmond LaGrange showed up at the bar where she worked. 

How could she know that this mysterious man would end up saving her from the evil that she didn't even know existed? And why was she so drawn to him? Why did he make her body heat with just a simple look? 

Desmond LaGrange was fighting a past he was trying hard to forget. But when he see's the beautiful Abby working behind the bar - something deep inside compels him to get closer. The only question is why? 

And when he saves her from danger - can he resist the strong pull between them to let her go when the time comes? Or will the passion that she ignites in him be his end?

goodreads-badge-add-plus

 My Review
(A Thank You to Darlene Kuncytes for allowing the B4R book club to read and review her debut book.)

In A Vampire’s Saving Embrace Abby is working on living an independent life and getting over the trauma her ex caused her. The only problem is that there is a handsome man who continually shows up at her job and keeps his eyes on her. When Abby finds out that she is not an average human and Desmond is not some random sexy patron she must come to terms with the fact that someone is after her and the only person that can protect her is the handsome vampire that can’t stay away.


When I first picked up this book I instantly liked Abby’s independence. She seemed tough and I believed that she would be a kick ass protag. But that sadly isn't the case after she's rescued by Desmond. She becomes you typical damsel in distress and quite obsessed with Desmond.


And I liked Desmond’s straight forward attitude at the beginning. I find it infuriating when characters take forever to reveal what they are and what is going on so this was a breath of fresh air. I also initially thought that Desmond was one hot and sexy vampire. He was sweet and attentive but he was lethal which makes a pretty bad ass combination. 

Sadly Abby quickly becomes very dependent on Desmond and he in turn becomes possessive and a horny vampire. Most of the book is set inside of Desmond’s room and consist of the same sequence of events. They talk, they get it on, they’re attacked, they have sex, they fight, they have make up sex, and so forth. It really reminded me of an adult Twilight with a mix of True Blood, as my friend pointed out.


The secondary characters were great additions to the story and enhanced the reading experience. I liked Luke, Kat, and Marcus and can’t wait to read their stories.


Overall this read was an okay. I don’t fare well with insta-loves so I struggled to get through this book. I wished there was more depth in Des and Abby’s relationship and that there were more action. I was also a little put off with the fact that he calls her “my pet”. Now I know it’s supposed to be an endearment but every time he said it I felt like she should be obeying some command. It actually made me cringe and laugh. That along with other parts brought forth the humor while reading which made for an okay read.  


I will let you all decide on this one! 

 Buy at: Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment