Aug 16, 2013

REVIEW: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
Book Information:

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
goodreads-badge-add-plus


MY REVIEW

“If you’re scared, tell me. If you need to cry and scream, then do it. And you sure as hell don’t walk away from us because you think it would be better for me. Here’s the reality, Echo: I want to be by your side. If you want to go to the mall stark naked so you can show the world your scars, then let me hold your hand. If you want to see your mom, then tell me that too. I may not always understand, but damn, baby, I’ll try.”
Once part of the in crowd and living an almost perfect life, Echo now lives in the shadows. Her friends all want her to hide who she is and want her to be who they want. Her father is forcing her to choose a path she does not want. Everyone walks all over her and she lets them. The people that know her secret and about the scars it left are now making her life hell. And no one, not even herself knows what happened the night her life changed forever.The night that her mother tried to kill her.

Forced into therapy with Mrs. Collins, the school new therapist, she is obligated to work on remembering that terrible day and the events leading up to her accident. But she has given up on life and doesn't care to try. Until the day that Noah explodes into her life.

Noah has his own crap going on. He's lost everything that is important to him and now is a foster kid that no one cares about. His only comfort is the fact that he will graduate soon and can then fight to get his little brothers back and out of the foster care system. If only Mrs. Collins would provide him witht he information he needs Noah can prove that his brothers are better with him. But Mrs. Collins wants him to work on himself first and knows that his brothers are in great care. So when Echo presents the perfect opportunity to get into his file Noah jumps on board.

What they both don't expect is to find comfort in each other. With completely different paths in life they have nothing in common. But out of their solitude, partnership and healing comes a love and friendship that defies all of their plans. 

Pushing the Limits had its great moments but also moments that made me want to strangle Echo. She wouldn't let herself try and be happy and she was always throwing herself a pity party. I wanted to reach into the book and shake some damn confidence into her. In the end though she finally stood up for herself which I guess is good. And Noah can't be left behind he was pretty stubborn as well but I understood his determination and love for his brothers.  These two have completely different situations and will have you rooting for their HEA.

And before I end this review I have to gush about Jacob and Tyler. They are so adorable and loved their brother so much that it just pulled at your heart. They were a big part of Noah and the most wonderful part of the book. Let me leave you with a preview: 
“I wrote about the person I love most, my older brother, Noah. We don't live together so I wrote what I imagine he does when we're not together."
"And what is that?" prodded the stout man.
"He's a superhero who saves people in danger, because he saved me and my brother from dying in a fire a couple of years ago. Noah is better than Batman." The crowd chuckled.
"I love you, too, lil'bro.”

 Buy it. Read it. Enjoy it.



HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment